As mentioned before, an NVQ course in Business and Administration will help develop a number of administrative skills within many businesses – from a secretary to a managerial position. The key is good organisational and technical skills along with good communication and management.
You would be required to get through two main (core) units:
– employment within a business setting
– following duties within your place of work
There are also optional units which include:
– looking after diaries and customer relationships
– communicating with any visitors, travel and booking accomodation
– archiving data and organising meetings
– operating various office equipment such as phones, faxes etc.
– preparing copy from shorthand, notes and recorded audio.