Posts tagged Level 2 Children and Young Workforce
The Level 2 Children and Young Workforce qualification will help candidates improve their skills and knowledge when working with children and youngsters (0 – 19 years). Your competence will be evaluated by support services workforces.
The typical environment for this level will be for someone just starting out as a children’s care worker.
Duration: Up to 1 year
Typically, you would be over 16 and working/volunteering in a childcare environment full or part time.
What do I need to complete the course?
You need to obtain 35 credits and will be assessed/observed by an assessor.
Listed below are some of the units you may cover:
– Maintaining and supporting relationships with children/young people
– Paediatric emergency first aid
– Development of children/young people
– Supporting positive behaviour
– Communication in social care and health
– Creating positive environments for children/young people
– Understanding the well being of children/young people
– Health and Safety
– Supporting positive outcomes
Completing these (and more) units will earn credits. A minimum of 35 credits is required.
What can I do after this course?
You can apply for a number of roles including an assistant in day nursery, a nursery nurse, a youth and community worker, care worker and a pre-school assistant. You can also work towards your Level 3 Children and Young Workforce.