Posts tagged nvq level 2 carpentry
Carpentry is a very well respected vocation and it takes time and dedication to master the art. An NVQ Level 2 Carpentry is an excellent choice for a vocational qualification, because there is nothing more valuable than getting your hands dirty and learning the skills required.
This course may lead you to work in schools, roads, hospitals, offices and airports and many more public or private environments.
The course typically involves working in an environment you may find yourself in as a carpenter. You will be expected to carry out practical and written assessments and an NVQ assessor will test your ability to carry out tasks.
Salary: Up to £27,000 but potential to earn more self-employed.
The units you may be required to cover are as follows:
– Health and safety. This is especially important in such a profession as you will be using power tools and handling various types of wood.
– Be able to make illustrations. Preparation is the key.
– Numeracy and communication skills
– Joining products and skills
– Planning methodically
– Installing first and second fixing
– Maintaining carpentry work
– Bench work/site work
– Erecting timber frames
– Shop fitting
Duration: Up to 2 years